Apparently, the crowd at the McCain rally in Downington, PA was Joe smitten today, eschewing the usual incantations of “Kill the Mooslim!” “Drill, Baby, Drill” for the fresher “Joe! Joe! Joe!”
At first, the references to “Joe the Plumber” struck me as a disingenuous way for John McCain to relate to average middle class voters. At second glance, Joe does not disappoint. Here are some facts about Joe the Plumber.
- Joe was so staunchly opposed to tax increases, he didn’t bother to pay them in 2007.
- Joe the “Plumber” isn’t licensed to practice, hasn’t received any training, and by all accounts, does not grow larger after consuming mushrooms. So technically speaking, he’s not even a plumber.
- Joe hates that Social Security is forced on him…even though he doesn’t pay his taxes.
- Joe is a registered Republican and voted in the primaries (though he didn’t spell his name correctly — I’m sure this doesn’t constitute voter fraud).
- Joe is related to Robert Wurzelbacher, a major Republican donor and son-in-law of Charles Keating who was sentenced to 40 months in prison.
- He looks like a Neo-Nazi (see above).